Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Residual Blackness

So there we were, bundled up and looking for a fight. Ok, not really, but Mielikki and I decided to take Mustang Girl to a Podunk Christmas (Local street fair) on Black Friday night. Needless to say, I was always under the impression that Black Friday was an accounting term for a profitable Friday, you know keeping the books in the black.

I found out that is not what it means. It means that the flatlanders come up and turn everyone's moods black by creating major havoc while they're teens run rampant thr0ugh the crowds pushing and shoving so that they can catch up with their F-bomb dropping little vampire wannabe friends. I'm not a prude by any stretch of the imagination, but to hear a 12 year old dropping F-bomb after F-bomb while standing next to their parents in a "Family Friendly Atmosphere" was just a little much.

I understand the reasoning behind coming up to Little Podunk City, the atmosphere, the friendly people, the artisans, and small town Christmas memories, but please for Pete's sake, either rien in your foul mouthed little brats, or don't give me any flak for throwing an elbow (or wanting to) when they act like they're driving on the California freeways, cutting people off while talking on their cell phones. I'm really starting to think that the locals to Little Podunk City should be legally required to carry tazers so that when one of these flatlanders gets out of line, we can give them a little jolt and forcibly return them to the quiet family friendly atmosphere that they came up to enjoy in the first place. :)

5 comments:

mielikki said...

I really could not have said this better. I think Mustang Girl was probably the best behaved kid there.

Lori said...

WOW! Black Friday there has a whole different meaning. My Black Fridays are filled with cash registers jingling and people scrambling for the last tickle me elmo, etc. It was actually my daughter's first time coming (she's almost 13) and she was able to keep her mouth in check LOL!

DaddyKaos said...

Precisely why I do not go out the day after T-day. The little bastards just seem to multiply faster then rabbits.

Bubblewench said...

I was beginning to think you gave up on this blog thing..

And I hate going out in public. Period. Asshats everywhere. And you think the kids were cursing? The adults are just as bad if not worse.

MM said...

I haven't given up, I have too many to put aside and there's more as the days go on. :) Besides I like to vent.