Thursday, February 28, 2008

Spring time

Yeah, I know we're in the middle of a false Spring, but days like this remind me of school.

Sitting out on the grass quad area in between classes with friends.
Driving around in my car with Journey playing on the cassette player with the windows down and your shades on.
Yelling out the window of the car to get the attention of the beautiful girls walking down the street.
Kissing my girlfriend out on the bleachers, innocent but yet so exciting.
The smell of the freshly cut soccer fields.
Being able to hang out outside during physical education.
The little dandelion parachutes floating in the air from being launched by the neighbors sprinklers.
Waking up to a warm sun coming into the window and the first birds of the season chirping.
Coming home to see my dad in his old rickety chair leaned up against the opened garage door frame reading his paper, drinking his coffee and enjoying his Camel.
and for some reason, the one that always gets me, is the orange sunset and the long shadows of us as I either played ball or wrenched on cars late into the evening with my friends who I grew up with.


What are some of your memories of spring?

1 comment:

mielikki said...

red itchy eyes, sneezing a thousand times in a row....
kidding, I kid! (kind of)

wildflowers in bloom all up and down our hillside, picking a bouquet" and giving them to my mom. Dad mowing the lawn, then running outside in the fresh cut grass, the smell of everything growing around me, the sap, running in the tree's, and the boys!