Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Things stolen

Ok, so yesterday started as a typical Monday always does, a long drive to work, followed by a quick bite from the cafe. I came back to my desk and realized that I really had to make water, so I got back up from my desk to go into the men's restroom. I turn the corner to the urinal stall and someone had stole the urinal. Standing there in disbelief, the pressures of the mornings bottle of water and the O.J. temporarily skipping my mind as I looked for the urinal. It was just there Friday, I know, I used it. So I went back to the door, opened it to see if I had for some unexplicable reason, walked into the women's restroom by accident, unlike in high school when I was pushed into a girls restroom (another blog all together). Seeing the Triangle and the little white marker wearing slacks, I knew I had chosen the correct door. SO I head back in to see if indeed I missed the urinal or if someone was playing a cruel joke on me. Sure enough I go back and low and behold, it's still missing. "Harumph" I think to myself, then try to think of WHY someone would be so brazen and cruel as to steal this very functional, if not very disqusting piece of bathroom equipment. No answers, still... I chuckled as I thought of all the uses a urinal could be used for. First was an interesting conversation starter of a sconce hanging on the wall of a house. Or a planter for a Cactus outside, every guy that I asked at work agreed that it would be so very cool to have a urinal installed in their bathrooms at home so that they didn't have to worry about the lid being left up and their wives/girlfriends/kids going for a swim at the midnight hour in a groggy state.

As of today, we are still pondering the missing urinal (yes it is a slow news day here at work) but there is now a bigger story to work on, some one has taken my red swingline stapler and my coat hook. Obviously these fiends will stop at nothing to continue my personal torment, I may have to make a shank out of a staple puller to defend myself.

Harumph.

7 comments:

mielikki said...

Oh no! Not the stapler!
What can be made with a urinal, a stapler, and a coat hook? My brain will have to ponder this one. . .

CamiKaos said...

Not the stapler... but how can you blame them I guess... red staplers are the BEST!

What an odd little crime spree you have going.

MM said...

The funny part of it all is that I left my iPod on the monitor stand and they didn't even touch it. I guess the ABBA security system worked for that.

sybil law said...

ABBA? Yeah - we know why they left your Ipod...
Much better for shanking - letter opener. It's already sharp! It may not be sharp, but it could still put an eye out. Or at least gouge an eye.
Is there some kind of McGuyver fan working there?!

Jamie said...

You just reminded me of when we remodeled the house when I was little. We replaced the toilet and as a joke it got left on a friend's porch for them to find. It traveled from there to several more houses. Somewhere along the way came the idea that you had to do something to it before passing it on. The last time I saw it, it was in the Fourth of July parade, bright green, skunk cabbage growing in the bowl, it was a sight to be seen. Maybe your urinal has started it's own journey and needed some friends to go along.

MM said...

Jaime- You may be on to something there. Maybe they're taking it around the country, posing it at all the tourist spots and taking pictures of it. Kind of like that Travelocity Roaming Gnome, or my friends flamingo from their front yard. It came up missing, then a week later they received pictures in the mail of the Flamingo at the Grand Canyon, then at the Grand Tetons, then Yellowstone and Devil's Tower. Maybe I just need to wait for the pictures. :)

Bubblewench said...

I have your red swingline stapler!! Call me Mr. Lumburg.